What is coaching?
Coaching helps you unleash your hidden power, skills to achieve your dream goals.
Coaching is unlocking a person’s potential to maximise their own performance. It is helping them to learn rather than teaching them.
Coaching is a professional relationship that helps people produce extraordinary results in their lives, careers, businesses or organizations, helping them tobridge the gap between where they are now and where they want to be. Coaches partner with their clients to design the life they want, bring out their clients’ own brilliance and resources so that they can achieve excellence and create purposeful, extraordinary lives. By creating clarity, coaching moves the client into action, accelerating their progress by providing greater focus and awareness of all the possibilities which exist to create fulfilling lives.
ILCT founder Patrick Williams described coaching as
“a powerful, human relationship where trained coaches assist people to design their future rather than help them get over their past . . . coaches aid clients in creating visions and goals for ALL aspects of their lives and in creating multiple strategies to support achieving those goals. Coaches recognize the brilliance of each client and their personal power to discover their own solutions when provided with support, accountability, and unconditional, positive regard.”
— Therapist as Life Coach, 2007
Benefits of Coaching
Numerous clients report that coaching positively impacted their careers as well as their lives by helping them to:
- Establish and take action towards achieving goals
- Become more self-reliant
- Gain more job and life satisfaction
- Contribute more effectively to the team and the organization
- Take greater responsibility and accountability for actions and commitments
- Work more easily and productively with others (boss, direct reports, peers)
- Communicate more effectively
Process of Coaching
Below image depicts the process of Coaching
Mode of Delivery for the Sessions – Coaching Sessions will be delivered over a Phone or In-Person depending on the agreement with the client
Customized Individual Communication
- Uniquely tailored to the individual
- Process differs from each executive, manager or leader
- Unique collaborative process to create the desired goals
Focused, Specific and Measureable Process
- Identify specific behavior to develop
- Agree on desired performance goal
- Generate and outcome based action plan for measurable results
Fundamental Changes in Behavior
- Help identify important behaviors that may affect professional growth
- Understand root cause of these behaviors
- Replace these deep patterned behaviors with new positive behaviors